(CNN) -- Doctors of Sarah Murnaghan, a 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl with cystic fibrosis who received new lungs Wednesday, are "very pleased with both her progress during the procedure and her prognosis for recovery," her family said in a statement. The family fought to have young children prioritized for adult organs. "The surgeons had no challenges resizing and transplanting the donor lungs -- the surgery went smoothly and Sarah did extremely well," the statement said.
Latest KTXS Video
Would you like to continue watching?
- Man, 57, dies after being backed over by city of Abilene garbage truck
- UPDATED: Two in custody after report of shots fired, standoff in Tye
- IMPORTANT: KTXS responds to DISH Network's distorted claims
- Jailers help deliver inmate's baby boy in back of transport van
- Abilene man indicted for allegedly shooting family member, fighting cop