ABILENE, Texas - Friday is the birthday of iconic Scottish poet Robert Burns. Saturday, Abilene will be celebrating with the Burns Supper and Scottish Night hosted by The Abilene Pipers.
The event promises swords, bagpipes, kilts, dancing and haggis.
It will feature The Abilene Pipers and the Big Country Autoharp and Dulcimer Club.
The dinner is Saturday January 26 at the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature located at 102 Cedar Street.
Doors will open at 6:15 p.m. and the event will begin at 7 p.m.
Tickets will be $12.50 in advance or $15 at the door. Advance tickets can be purchased at Encore Music at 4021 North 1st, Suite E or the British Shoppe at 4102 Buffalo Gap Road.
Guests are welcome to bring a covered dish to accompany the haggis.
Kilt-wearing is also welcome!
Call Robert Partin at 325-260-6085.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS