ABILENE, Texas - Friday is the birthday of iconic Scottish poet Robert Burns. Saturday, Abilene will be celebrating with the Burns Supper and Scottish Night hosted by The Abilene Pipers.
The event promises swords, bagpipes, kilts, dancing and haggis.
It will feature The Abilene Pipers and the Big Country Autoharp and Dulcimer Club.
The dinner is Saturday January 26 at the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature located at 102 Cedar Street.
Doors will open at 6:15 p.m. and the event will begin at 7 p.m.
Tickets will be $12.50 in advance or $15 at the door. Advance tickets can be purchased at Encore Music at 4021 North 1st, Suite E or the British Shoppe at 4102 Buffalo Gap Road.
Guests are welcome to bring a covered dish to accompany the haggis.
Kilt-wearing is also welcome!
Call Robert Partin at 325-260-6085.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans