Abilene Beehive Restaurant and Saloon
Elfido Maldonado Jr.
Honey cream sauce
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 3 oz of provolone (the amount of provolone will be determined by your desired thickness of the sauce)
- 8oz chicken breast butter flied
- 1cup all purpose flour
- 1/2cup cajun spice
- 1/4cup granulated garlic
- 2 slices of swiss cheese, provolone or mozzarella (your preference)
Turn your burner on medium heat and, using a small saucepan, slowly pour the heavy cream in and add the honey and paprika, bring to a medium boil. Add provolone cheese in and stir until melted and evenly blended.
Combine flour, Cajun spice, and garlic in bowl and mix until all spices are evenly spread out, lightly dredge the butter flied chicken breast and sear in a pan coated with butter until lightly reddish brown, (if chicken breast is too thick you can also finish off the cooking procedure in the oven to keep from charring the outside of the chicken).
Once chicken is cooked all the way pour about 2 tablespoons of the honey cream sauce down the middle of the chicken , fold chicken and put your choice of cheese on the top and melt till lightly browned.
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit