Grilled Ahi Tuna with Wasabi Avocado Salad
The Natural Food Center
- 2 pounds Fresh Ahi tuna, 1-inch Think (Mercury Free Certified)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Organic if Available)
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (organic if available)
- Grated Zest of 2 Limes (organic if available)
- 6 Table spoons of Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (3 Limes)
- 1 Teaspoon Wasabi Powder
- 2 Teaspoons soy Sauce (organic if available)
- 10 Dashes Tabasco Sauce (hot Chinese Oil May Substitute)
- 2 Firm Haas Avocados (organic if available)
- ½ Large Red Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- ¼ cup Scallions, white and green parts (2)
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds (Roasted)
- 1 Cup of Fresh Papaya, Blood Oranges or Mango or Heart of Palm
PREPARATIONS: (15 minutes)
Brush tuna with olive oil and sprinkle generously with sea salt and pepper. Sear the tuna in a pre-heated dry sauté pan for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
For the dressing, whisk together ¼ cup of olive oil, the lime zest, lime juice, wasabi powder, soy sauce, Tabasco, 2.5 teaspoons of sea salt and ½ tsp pepper.
Lightly toss thick-chunks of avocado, tuna, fruit or heart of palm and red onion. Drizzle with more dressing and top with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature.
You may substitute natural baked chicken, grilled salmon or tenderloin of beef for Ahi tuna.
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Texas man charged with beheading wife after police visit