ABILENE, Texas - They're fast. They're fun for kids. They taste great! In this week's "What's Cooking?" Abilene blogger Christi Stark shares a great recipe that needs no fork!
? 12 biscuit dough rounds
? 6 eggs, scrambled & slightly runny
? Bacon or turkey sausage, cooked and crumbled
? Cheddar cheese
? Optional: Parsley & Salsa
1. Press each biscuit dough round into a cup of a muffin tin, spreading the dough up around the sides of each cup.
2. Place 1 tablespoon of bacon or sausage into each biscuit (you could substitute with other proteins, or even use bell peppers, etc.)
3. Top each biscuit with scrambled eggs, filling until the top is level.
4. Bake according to directions on the biscuit dough container; 5 minutes prior to removing the muffin tin from the oven, sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of each one.
5. Optional: Put parsley "sprinkles" or salsa "icing" on top according to people's preferences.
Interested in following Christi's blog? FrugalNovice
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide