With digital technology, a computer chip converts the incoming sound into digital code, then analyzes and adjusts the sound based on your hearing loss, listening needs and the level of the sounds around you. The signals are then converted back into sound waves and delivered to your ears. The result is sound that's more finely tuned to your hearing loss. Digital hearing aids are available in all styles and price ranges.
Latest National Video
- UPDATE: Victims of deadly Hwy 83 crash near Tuscola identified
- Police: Ex-employee steals $40,000 from Abilene department store
- City of Abilene asks residents to help protect water supply
- How much will school supplies cost your family this year?
- Police: Tourist from Texas took loaded guns to 9/11 memorial