With digital technology, a computer chip converts the incoming sound into digital code, then analyzes and adjusts the sound based on your hearing loss, listening needs and the level of the sounds around you. The signals are then converted back into sound waves and delivered to your ears. The result is sound that's more finely tuned to your hearing loss. Digital hearing aids are available in all styles and price ranges.
Latest National Video
- Hundreds of frozen food products recalled due to Listeria fears
- Navajo Nation: Girl, 11, kidnapped from reservation is found dead
- 'Wanted Wednesday:' 3rd Abilene suspect sought last week is caught
- Guilty: Merkel man will serve no jail time in sexual assault case
- Good Samaritan killed trying to help wounded Texas woman