With digital technology, a computer chip converts the incoming sound into digital code, then analyzes and adjusts the sound based on your hearing loss, listening needs and the level of the sounds around you. The signals are then converted back into sound waves and delivered to your ears. The result is sound that's more finely tuned to your hearing loss. Digital hearing aids are available in all styles and price ranges.
Latest National Video
- Latest list of closings & delays for Abilene, the Big Country
- Ex-Abilene ISD Superintendent Heath Burns 'lone finalist' to lead Central Texas district
- Flights canceled, some schools close amid Texas winter storm
- Cox named lone finalist for Abilene High head football coach
- Abilene man, 20, sentenced after pleading guilty to sexual assault of child