By Colette Georgii, Contributing writer
It is easy and cheap to spruce up the bathroom by adding a few extra touches that will enhance the bathrooms' overall appearance. It is always nice to walk into a bathroom that looks refreshing.
Here are a few ideas to help you get started on your bathroom project:
1) Put a vase of artificial flowers that compliment your overall bathroom decor on top of the toilet tank.
2) A hanging flowering plant can be a nice touch if your bathroom is big enough.
3) A tropical plant in one corner is nice if your bathroom is big enough.
4) New shower curtains and matching window curtains can change the whole look of your bathroom.
5) A nice basket of scented soaps put on the toilet tank or if there is room on the sink shelf.
6) A new set of matching bathroom carpets can spruce up the bathroom.
7) How about using contact paper to freshen up the shower stall or bathtub wall? That is if it is just a painted wall.
8) If your shower stall has a tile wall, a good cleaning may do the job of sprucing up the shower stall.
8) Hang a scenic picture on the wall that compliments the rest of the bathroom. You can make your own picture by finding a good calendar picture and framing it.
9) A new wastebasket can add some decor to the bathroom.
10) A shelving unit for over the top of the toilet tank is a nice idea for providing extra space for towels, soaps, etc., in your bathroom and will give your bathroom a new look.
11) A new towel and washcloth set to hang in the bathroom is nice.
12) If your bathroom is small and the walls need painting you can do this yourself. Get a nice semi-gloss paint in a warm pastel color.