RUNNELS COUNTY, Texas - The Texas Department of Public Safety has identified the woman killed in a fiery head-on crash late Thursday on US 83, four miles north of Winters in Runnels County.
Doris Jean Morrison, 48, of Winters was driving south on US 83 when an 18-wheeler heading north struck a cow, went out of control and blasted into Morrison's 2008 Chrysler passenger vehicle.
Morrison was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 44-year-old driver of the 18-wheeler wasn't injured in the accident, although both vehicles caught fire, DPS said.
The crash remains under investigation.
A head-on crash between an 18-wheeler and a vehicle on Highway 83 north of Winters late Thursday has resulted in the death of one person, according to the Runnels County Sheriff’s Office.
The accident occurred just before midnight.
Sgt. Frederick Biddle, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said he is waiting on the preliminary accident report for more information.
KTXS will provide more details when they become available.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver