By Jesse Smith & Andrew McMillan/KTXS News
CALLAHAN COUNTY, Texas -- An 18-wheeler carrying a load of latex paint flipped off of an overpass on Interstate 20 Wednesday evening in Callahan County, and the cab was detached from the rest of the truck.
The crash happened around 8 p.m. on the westbound Union Hill Road overpass between Clyde and Baird. The 18-wheeler could be seen wrapped along the inner embankment underneath the overpass as latex paint dripped down the concrete.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, part of the truck caught fire after the crash, and char marks could be seen where the cab became detached from the truck before resting near the service road. The cause of the crash hasn't been determined yet.
Emergency responders at the scene told KTXS the driver of the truck suffered several broken bones and was taken to a hospital in the area.
DPS is continuing to investigate the crash. Traffic on the interstate was flowing normally as of 9 p.m. Wednesday, but crews were still working to clean up the mess.
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Mayor Williams' former campaign manager running for Abilene City Council
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene's new city secretary previously served city of Dallas
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country