By Scott Martin & Doug Myers/KTXS News
Two people were arrested Tuesday afternoon after a high-speed chase on Interstate 20 that began in Callahan County and ended near Hwy 6 in Eastland County.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, a vehicle was observed driving erratically on eastbound I-20 in Callahan County when attempts were made to pull the yet-to-be-identified driver over.
PHOTO GALLERY -> http://www.ktxs.com/260917255
The driver slowed the vehicle down, apparently to stop, and then sped off.
He then started throwing packages out the window, as the chase continued.
Law enforcement then threw spikes in the road, the vehicle’s tires went low, and the vehicle wrecked in the median near the Hwy 6 exit on I-20 in Eastland County.
The driver then fled on foot, but was apprehended shortly.
A woman, who also wasn’t immediately identified, remained in the vehicle during the foot chase.
Meanwhile, DPS crews were recovering the discarded packages after the arrests were made shortly before 1:30 p.m.
DPS didn't immediately disclose the contents of the packages.
KTXS will provide additional details as they become available.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue