By Scott Martin & Doug Myers/KTXS News
Two people were arrested Tuesday afternoon after a high-speed chase on Interstate 20 that began in Callahan County and ended near Hwy 6 in Eastland County.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, a vehicle was observed driving erratically on eastbound I-20 in Callahan County when attempts were made to pull the yet-to-be-identified driver over.
PHOTO GALLERY -> http://www.ktxs.com/260917255
The driver slowed the vehicle down, apparently to stop, and then sped off.
He then started throwing packages out the window, as the chase continued.
Law enforcement then threw spikes in the road, the vehicle’s tires went low, and the vehicle wrecked in the median near the Hwy 6 exit on I-20 in Eastland County.
The driver then fled on foot, but was apprehended shortly.
A woman, who also wasn’t immediately identified, remained in the vehicle during the foot chase.
Meanwhile, DPS crews were recovering the discarded packages after the arrests were made shortly before 1:30 p.m.
DPS didn't immediately disclose the contents of the packages.
KTXS will provide additional details as they become available.
- House on Hartford Street in Abilene 'total loss' after Monday fire
- Abilene City Council ready to hear construction update on Fire Station #4
- Dyess captain up for Air Force Entertainer of the Year
- Abilene K-9 ‘medically' retires after impressive career
- Firefighters say sparks caused north Abilene business fire