A December traffic stop in Eastland County -- in which a missing 16-year-old boy was recovered -- has led to sex crime charges being filed against two Texas men.
Arrested were David Stephen Rhodes, 60, of Farwell and Isaiah Allen, 23, of Waxahachie, the Texas Department of Public Safety said in a news release.
Rhodes, who was driving the vehicle during the Dec. 10 traffic stop on I-20, now faces charges of aggravated sexual assault of a child in HIll County and sexual assault of a child in Parmer in Navarro counties, DPS said.
At the time of the stop, Rhodes was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, a state jail felony.
Allen, who wasn't present during the traffic stop, has since been charged with possession of child pornography in Dallas County, aggravated sexual assault of a child in Hill County, and sexual assault of a child in Navarro County.
Rhodes and Allen are currently in Hill County Jail, according to DPS.
"At approximately 11 a.m. on Dec. 10, 2016, a Trooper stopped a 2016 Chevrolet Impala traveling west on IH-20 for a traffic violation," the DPS news release said. "During the traffic stop, he encountered a juvenile male passenger not related to the driver. After a search of the vehicle, the Trooper discovered a small amount of methamphetamine and suspected child pornography on electronic devices in the vehicle."
The teen's family was contacted and they confirmed the child was a runaway from Hubbard, DPS said.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country