MERKEL, Texas - The Merkel Police Department is asking for your help identifying two men wanted for breaking into at least 15 vehicles.
Police tell KTXS they had responded to 15 reports of burglary of a vehicle and one report for theft of a motor vehicle as of 4 p.m. Sunday.
The stolen vehicle was recovered with the assistance of the Taylor County Sheriff’s Office.
A debit card was stolen from at least one of the victims. The card was then used at multiple locations in Abilene, including a Walmart.
GALLERY --> http://www.ktxs.com/549993690
Police have released surveillance photos of the two suspects as well as the car they used during the crime spree. That car is a white, 1990-2000s model Buick Century
A home security camera also caught one of the suspects seen in the store surveillance photos.
If you recognize either of the men, you are asked to call Sgt. Phillip Conklin or Valerie West with Merkel PD at 325-928-4766, Taylor County dispatch at 325-674-1300 or Abilene Crimestoppers at 325-676-8477 (325-676-TIPS).
- Updated Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- Police: Prostitution ring run out of senior living facility
- Feds: Man illegally in U.S. took teen from Texas to Georgia for sex
- 2 suspects in Mississippi bar owner death arrested in Texas
- USDA says rinsing your turkey is a big no-no
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Mayor Williams' former campaign manager running for Abilene City Council
- Abilene's new city secretary previously served city of Dallas
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Suspect in Niblo investigation back in court for property
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country