The Abilene Youth Sports Authority and the Abilene Youth Basketball Association are going head to head in a competition to help others. The groups announced their Hoops for Hunger Campaign Drive Wednesday afternoon.
More than 50 teams and 500 youth basketball players are competing to see who can collect the most canned food items for Love and Care Ministries "Christmas on the Streets" program.
The campaign is running through December 11th.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't