The Abilene Youth Sports Authority and the Abilene Youth Basketball Association are going head to head in a competition to help others. The groups announced their Hoops for Hunger Campaign Drive Wednesday afternoon.
More than 50 teams and 500 youth basketball players are competing to see who can collect the most canned food items for Love and Care Ministries "Christmas on the Streets" program.
The campaign is running through December 11th.
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale
- Mustangs relishing in chance to make history
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching