The Abilene Youth Sports Authority and the Abilene Youth Basketball Association are going head to head in a competition to help others. The groups announced their Hoops for Hunger Campaign Drive Wednesday afternoon.
More than 50 teams and 500 youth basketball players are competing to see who can collect the most canned food items for Love and Care Ministries "Christmas on the Streets" program.
The campaign is running through December 11th.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera