CEDAR HILL, Texas (AP) - Three teens have been charged with aggravated sexual assault after they were accused of raping a mentally disabled classmate in a restroom at their school.
Charged in the October assault are 19-year-old Sylvanus Lanier and Marco Garcia and Elijah Willis, both of whom are 17.
Police allege the teens alternated as lookouts outside a Cedar Hill High School restroom Oct. 19 while each sexually assaulted the 16-year-old girl, who reported the assault four days later. The suspects were arrested last week.
Lanier and Willis remain in Dallas County jail, while Garcia is free on $100,000 bond.
An Associated Press investigation earlier this year found at least 17,000 reports of sexual assaults by students over a recent four-year period in U.S. elementary and secondary schools.
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- TransCanada sends more crews to Keystone pipeline leak
- The Latest: Border agent injured in Texas dies
- Gunman sought after Pennsylvania officer killed during traffic stop
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Back around average with sunny and breezy conditions.
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD