MIAMI, Fla. (CBS12/SBG) - Police arrested and charged the mother of a 4-year-old girl after finding her body in a dumpster in Miami. Authorities said the girl's mother confessed to being involved in her death.
Investigators say 31-year-old Tina Farrington said she became angry after her daughter talked back to her on Halloween. According to the arrest report from Miami-Dade Police, the mother claimed she suffocated her daughter with a pillow and stuffed her unconscious body in the trunk of her car.
Almost a week later, police said Farrington noticed a foul odor coming from her car. At 1 a.m. on Sunday, police said Farrington removed her daughter's body and threw it in the trash.
A man throwing out his trash at the Tuscany Place apartment complex found the girl's body in a dumpster on Sunday afternoon.
She was in her pajamas and wrapped in a Disney blanket, according to CBS Miami, who identified the girl as 4-year-old Tani Paige.
Police found bruises to the girl's arms, legs and torso, according to the report.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country