ABILENE, Texas - Saturday kicked off the 5th Annual Great Texas Warrant Roundup.
The City of Abilene is joining law enforcement agencies and courts from more than 250 jurisdictions across Texas.
They're going after those who have unpaid tickets or higher charge warrants.
Notices have been mailed over the past few days to individuals with active warrants.
They're hoping this round up will encourage people to take care of business, avoiding hand cuffs and jail.
If you have a traffic or parking ticket, city ordinance, penal code and any other higher charge warrant you should contact the municipal court immediately.
6,700 names are on the list for the roundup in Abilene: The City of Abilene
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims