Cause confirmed for house fire at South 5th and Vine in Abilene

By Kelly Killian, Kelly Killian, kkillian@ktxs.com
POSTED: 9:31 AM Nov 14 2012   UPDATED: 11:08 AM Nov 14 2012
ABILENE, Texas -

The Abilene Fire Department has confirmed the cause of the early Tuesday morning fire at a house on South 5th and Vine.

AFD determined the cause was an unattended space heater placed too close to a piece of furniture.

Firefighters responded after getting the call at about 5:30 a.m. Heavy smoke was coming from the house.

There were no injuries related to the fire. No one was living at the home at the time of the fire, but there were objects inside the home.

The house is considered a total loss. There is no estimated cost of damages at this time.