Firefighters say a deadly fire northeast of Houston may have started with a cigarette.
Houston television station KTRK reported that a fire late Wednesday engulfed a house in Humble Road Place. Firefighters found an elderly woman near the front door of the home. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim hasn't been identified yet.
Her husband was at the store when the fire ignited.
Eastex Fire Chief Bryan Harris told the television station that the wooden home was almost entirely in flames when firefighters got to the scene at about 10:20 p.m.