"If you have someone who understands and you have someone to say 'I know exactly how you feel,' that is a powerful validation because people who have never been through something like this have no idea. It’s a different world," said Kay.
Latest National Video
- 8 children, 2 tied up in backyard, rescued from Texas home
- No action taken against Anson city manager, councilwoman resigns
- City of Abilene gets enough signatures for curbside recycling
- Abilene ISD, former officer sued by students for excessive force
- 2 Abilene 'Wanted Wednesday' suspects caught, 2 remain on loose