Because of the extremely dry conditions, Nolan County has enacted a burn ban and fireworks ban. It will be in effect for the next 90 days unless there is significant rainfall in that time. The ban does not include public fireworks displays.
Latest National Video
- 8 children, 2 tied up in backyard, rescued from Texas home
- City of Abilene gets enough signatures for curbside recycling
- No action taken against Anson city manager, councilwoman resigns
- Abilene ISD, former officer sued by students for excessive force
- 2 Abilene 'Wanted Wednesday' suspects caught, 2 remain on loose