Because of the extremely dry conditions, Nolan County has enacted a burn ban and fireworks ban. It will be in effect for the next 90 days unless there is significant rainfall in that time. The ban does not include public fireworks displays.
Latest National Video
- Police: Off-duty Abilene officer found dead, death 'suspicious'
- Homicide: Abilene police officer killed in Clyde identified
- Abilene officer's 'suspicious' death topic of 4 p.m. news conference
- Abilene restaurant makes 'Chicken Fried Steak Cake' for birthday
- Brown County sheriff in critical condition at Abilene hospital