Because of the extremely dry conditions, Nolan County has enacted a burn ban and fireworks ban. It will be in effect for the next 90 days unless there is significant rainfall in that time. The ban does not include public fireworks displays.
Latest National Video
- Abilene ISD administrator charged with having sex with student
- 1 dead in fiery West Texas plane crash
- Abilene police, AISD superintendent issue statements in adult-student sex case
- 2-car accident on I-20 eastbound in Abilene, 2 taken to hospital
- Abilene man arrested for threatening to cut grandfather's throat with razor