Possession of fireworks inside city limits is illegal
Fire department says fireworks started fire
The Abilene Fire Department says fireworks started a fire in some heavy brush on Westmoreland street Monday.
We wanted to find out exactly what started the fire so we called Lt. Greg Goettsch and he says fireworks are to blame for the blaze.
Firefighters had a hard time battleing the fire because of the rough terrain and heavy brush.
There was no property damage or injuries reported.
The fire department wants to remind everyone that if you are caught with fireworks inside the city limits you could get a ticket and have your fireworks confiscated.
Copyright 2012 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.