Propane company building catches fire and forces evacuations in Albany
A fire that destroyed a propane business in Albany forced the evacuation of several surrounding homes Thursday night.
Police say the first call about the fire was received at about 6:30 p.m.
Firefighters responded to the scene at 1116 FM 1084.
When they arrived, the building, owned by Law Propane, was engulfed in flames.
One small explosion was caused by a propane tank.
Four city blocks were evacuated.
The building and all equipment inside was destroyed.
No cause has been determined. The fire is still under investigation.
Copyright 2012 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.