Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release regarding planned construction and maintenance projects in the Abilene are for September 9-13:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Crews continue work on frontage roads, turnarounds and ramps. Drivers should use caution and follow warning signs and traffic control devices.
- Loop 322 from I-20 to the Waldrop Interchange: Crews will be paving shoulders in the area near SH 36. Drivers should expect intermittent daytime lane and ramp closures.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
- I-20 Business/US 84 near Tye: Repair erosion at railroad overpass.
- FM 89 between Rebecca Lane and Robertson Drive: Silt removal, ditch cleaning and storm drain repair. Work will continue to FM 707 through November. Some lane closures will be necessary.