ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Police Department is searching for a man who allegedly abused his power as a drill instructor by sexually assaulting a child.
According to court documents, the victim spoke to Abilene police in June about an incident that happened in October 2013. The victim told police that when she was eight or nine years old, “she was sexually assaulted by a ‘drill instructor’.”
Court documents say she stated this happened at a behavior boot camp she participated in. The victim said “she was cornered in her room by this drill instructor.” The documents state he made her undress and touched her inappropriately. The victim described the assailant as bald and wearing army clothes. She told police the instructor’s daughter had the same name as the victim.
Phillips is charged with injury to a child and sexually assault of a child. The Abilene Police Department is offering $250 for information leading to an arrest.
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- 26 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Two indicted for July murder of Abilene teen
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Man being pulled by huskies across U.S. stops in Abilene to raise awareness
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- 3 arrested in drug bust near Bangs school
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD
- Wednesday rainfall totals: Big Country areas register up to 1.5 inches of rain