ABILENE, Texas - Girl Scout Troop 7200 of Abilene are doing their part to help with Harvey relief.
They had a donation drive on Saturday to collect donations. Those donations will be taken to Corpus Christi and Houston for storm victims as well as Abilene State Park.
The Junior Level Leader, Misti Hauger, said that the girls want to help.
“The girls are young and we can’t go and help out in Corpus or in Houston right now,” Hauger said. “It’s just not safe for the younger girls to be there, but they wanted to be able to help out so this is one way that they could.”
They are collecting items such as, toiletries, cleaning supplies, bottled water, blankets, books, crayons, pet food, and more.
They sent out a truck loaded with supplies on Friday and they said they'll have one ready to go on Monday. They will also be doing another donation drive on Monday at the Lowes in south Abilene.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver