ABILENE, Texas - Calvin Dunn, Jr., the 21-year-old Abilene man arrested for shooting his mother in the head in April, was sentenced to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated assault Thursday morning.
Dunn was also sentenced to six years in prison on a motion to revoke probation for a 2015 aggravated assault conviction.
After the shooting, Dunn had eluded police for several weeks before finally surrendering himself in June at the Taylor County Jail. He has been held in custody since then.
He will receive credit for time already served in custody.
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- Police pursuit ends with Abilene suspect in custody
- Abilene police: Fake carjacking led to SWAT standoff
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Abilene couple robbed at gunpoint while sitting at stoplight
- Indicted: Man accused of robbing Abilene scrap metal business while wearing ‘Scream' mask
Copyright 2017 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- School zone signs placed near Brown County Christian school
- Pregnant woman who led Brownwood officers on chase indicted
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out
- Rain hits Big Country, wintry mix in some areas
- Sweetwater teen in critical condition after being hit by pickup
- DPS identifies woman killed in fiery crash last week near Winters
- Man dies in Hamlin police custody, Texas Rangers investigating