ABILENE, Texas - A 35-year-old Abilene man is in Taylor County Jail on an indecency with a child charge.
Police say Marcus Cano was arrested for allegedly inappropriately touching a teen in February and on one other occasion.
According to court documents, police started investigating after a 15-year-old alleged Cano had wrongly touched her.
Cano failed a polygraph exam when asked about sexual contact with the teen, documents indicate. He also admitted to sending the teen explicit texts, but said they were intended for another person.
He later admitted, according to documents, that he accidentally touched the teen.
The documents also say that Cano said he “needed help” several times.
Cano was booked into jail on Wednesday, April 19. He is still be held on bonds totaling $35,000.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Former Texas teacher arrested for inappropriate relationship with a minor
- Viral photo shows baby on Santa's lap giving sign for 'help'
- Officials: Texas man posing as film director made child porn
- Fake City of Abilene Facebook page removed, unclear who took it down
- Abilene police chief calls solving year-old murder of Abilene realtor ‘very high priority'
- Shipping deadlines quickly approaching for Christmas
- Abilene police buy presents for 'Operation Blue Santa'
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Fire engulfs trailer house in Tye
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out