ABILENE, Texas - A man who bought a puppy several months ago is now in jail charged with stabbing the dog 11 times and throwing it in a dumpster to die.
Police said neighbors in a south Abilene neighborhood alerted them to the crime
A warrant was issued for 42-year-old Larry Dollins, the dog's owner.
When officers tried to serve the warrant for animal cruelty, police told KTXS that Dollins refused to come out of his house. Officers had to force entry into Dollins' home where he was arrested.
Abilene Police Det. Ernest Moscarelli said Dollins admitted to stabbing and disposing of the dog.
Dollins is accused with animal cruelty, a state jail felony, punishable by 180 days to 2 years in jail and a $10,000 fine.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide