ABILENE, Texas - A man who bought a puppy several months ago is now in jail charged with stabbing the dog 11 times and throwing it in a dumpster to die.
Police said neighbors in a south Abilene neighborhood alerted them to the crime
A warrant was issued for 42-year-old Larry Dollins, the dog's owner.
When officers tried to serve the warrant for animal cruelty, police told KTXS that Dollins refused to come out of his house. Officers had to force entry into Dollins' home where he was arrested.
Abilene Police Det. Ernest Moscarelli said Dollins admitted to stabbing and disposing of the dog.
Dollins is accused with animal cruelty, a state jail felony, punishable by 180 days to 2 years in jail and a $10,000 fine.
- Police respond to 911 call at home of murdered Abilene real estate agent
- Updated Oscar nominations 2017: 'La La Land' dominates
- Hailey Dunn to be buried 6 years after disappearance
- Former Abilene Christian University star heading to Super Bowl
- Meth found hidden in Brownwood man's car during traffic stop