ABILENE, Texas - A man who bought a puppy several months ago is now in jail charged with stabbing the dog 11 times and throwing it in a dumpster to die.
Police said neighbors in a south Abilene neighborhood alerted them to the crime
A warrant was issued for 42-year-old Larry Dollins, the dog's owner.
When officers tried to serve the warrant for animal cruelty, police told KTXS that Dollins refused to come out of his house. Officers had to force entry into Dollins' home where he was arrested.
Abilene Police Det. Ernest Moscarelli said Dollins admitted to stabbing and disposing of the dog.
Dollins is accused with animal cruelty, a state jail felony, punishable by 180 days to 2 years in jail and a $10,000 fine.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Shower chances returning from the east