ABILENE, Texas - A man who bought a puppy several months ago is now in jail charged with stabbing the dog 11 times and throwing it in a dumpster to die.
Police said neighbors in a south Abilene neighborhood alerted them to the crime
A warrant was issued for 42-year-old Larry Dollins, the dog's owner.
When officers tried to serve the warrant for animal cruelty, police told KTXS that Dollins refused to come out of his house. Officers had to force entry into Dollins' home where he was arrested.
Abilene Police Det. Ernest Moscarelli said Dollins admitted to stabbing and disposing of the dog.
Dollins is accused with animal cruelty, a state jail felony, punishable by 180 days to 2 years in jail and a $10,000 fine.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget