ABILENE, Texas - A man who bought a puppy several months ago is now in jail charged with stabbing the dog 11 times and throwing it in a dumpster to die.
Police said neighbors in a south Abilene neighborhood alerted them to the crime
A warrant was issued for 42-year-old Larry Dollins, the dog's owner.
When officers tried to serve the warrant for animal cruelty, police told KTXS that Dollins refused to come out of his house. Officers had to force entry into Dollins' home where he was arrested.
Abilene Police Det. Ernest Moscarelli said Dollins admitted to stabbing and disposing of the dog.
Dollins is accused with animal cruelty, a state jail felony, punishable by 180 days to 2 years in jail and a $10,000 fine.
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene murder victim's family: Suspect shouldn't have chance to get out
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- KTXS Forecast: Windy afternoon with building storm chances tonight.
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals