ABILENE, Texas - A man who bought a puppy several months ago is now in jail charged with stabbing the dog 11 times and throwing it in a dumpster to die.
Police said neighbors in a south Abilene neighborhood alerted them to the crime
A warrant was issued for 42-year-old Larry Dollins, the dog's owner.
When officers tried to serve the warrant for animal cruelty, police told KTXS that Dollins refused to come out of his house. Officers had to force entry into Dollins' home where he was arrested.
Abilene Police Det. Ernest Moscarelli said Dollins admitted to stabbing and disposing of the dog.
Dollins is accused with animal cruelty, a state jail felony, punishable by 180 days to 2 years in jail and a $10,000 fine.
- South Abilene Chik-fil-A closing for renovations
- Teen driving on Winters Freeway falls asleep, truck flips, lands upside down
- McMurry University set to demolish student art gallery
- Abilene woman advocates for HIV testing after losing brother to AIDS
- ACU football player accused of sexually assaulting intoxicated woman at party
- Thousands of painkillers missing from south Abilene pharmacy
- Brown County zoo owner blames high taxes as reason for shut down
- Bond reduction hearing rescheduled for Brownwood homicide suspect
- Ranger College to address 'misinformation' about tax referendum
- Brown County to allow fireworks on the 4th despite burn ban
- Former Brownwood High School coach indicted for having sex with student
- Brownwood council members to vote on denying electric rate hikes
- Court declines to review Snyder man's murder conviction because of long petition
- Train derailment: Whipped cream melts into creek near Colorado City, results in fish kill
- Whipped dairy topping causes fishkill in creek near Colorado City
- Taylor County urges ‘extreme caution' with fireworks on the 4th
- Taylor County firework stands open, officials offer tips for firework safety
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday