ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man is now facing several charges after a police chase.
According to the arrest report, police said an officer contacted 31-year-old Michael Guajardo, who the officer knew was wanted.
Police said Guajardo fled in his vehicle, driving northbound on Pine Street towards Jones County and then Highway 277.
Police said Guajardo threw numerous bags out of his car.
Police said Guajardo eventually pulled over and was arrested at 5:20 p.m. Saturday.
Jail records show he’s charged with tampering with evidence, evading arrest, possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana.
Guajardo is being held at the Taylor County Jail on bonds totaling $21,000.
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD