ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man accused of being involved in a drive-by shooting at a Cedar Street home was indicted Thursday.
Nicholas James Woodall, Jr., 24, was arrested on May 13 after at shooting at a home at Cedar and North 15th streets. One victim, a 20-year-old male, was shot and taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
Police say Woodall was in a vehicle with another man, 21-year-old Daniel Earl Johnson, when shots were fired from the car. The pair were later caught on Burger Street.
"[The victim] indicated that he and Johnson had rivalry over a woman," said a search warrant obtained by KTXS.
Woodall was indicted for aggravated assault by a Taylor County grand jury. He is currently free on $25,000 bond.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue