ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man accused of being involved in a drive-by shooting at a Cedar Street home was indicted Thursday.
Nicholas James Woodall, Jr., 24, was arrested on May 13 after at shooting at a home at Cedar and North 15th streets. One victim, a 20-year-old male, was shot and taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
Police say Woodall was in a vehicle with another man, 21-year-old Daniel Earl Johnson, when shots were fired from the car. The pair were later caught on Burger Street.
"[The victim] indicated that he and Johnson had rivalry over a woman," said a search warrant obtained by KTXS.
Woodall was indicted for aggravated assault by a Taylor County grand jury. He is currently free on $25,000 bond.
- House on Hartford Street in Abilene 'total loss' after Monday fire
- Abilene City Council ready to hear construction update on Fire Station #4
- Dyess captain up for Air Force Entertainer of the Year
- Abilene K-9 ‘medically' retires after impressive career
- Firefighters say sparks caused north Abilene business fire