An Abilene man was injured and a Montana woman killed in a four-vehicle crash Tuesday in Stonewall County.
Here’s the entire State Police release from spokesman Sparky Dean regarding the accident:
ABILENE – One person was killed and one injured in a four vehicle crash in Stonewall County. The crash occurred Tuesday, at 3:53 P.M. on U.S. Highway 83, one mile south of Aspermont, Texas.
- Darlene Kay Hoerner, 60 years of age from Kalispell, MT. Hoerner was the driver of the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. She was pronounced dead at the scene at 4:10 P.M. by Judge Moorhead. The body was taken to Giles-McCoy Funeral Home in Aspermont.
- Andrew Phillip Thibodeaux, 30 years of age from Abilene. Thibodeaux was the driver of the 2003 Ford Pickup. He was taken to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene.
- 2003 Ford Pickup driven south bound by Andrew Phillip Thibodeaux of Abilene, Texas.
- 2008 International Truck (Penske rental truck) driven north bound by Austin Hoerner of Kalispell, Mt.
- 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee driven north bound by Darlene Kay Hoerner of Kalispell, Mt.
- 2012 Chevrolet Cruze driven north bound by Vanesha Riley of Columbia Falls, Mt.
Andrew Phillip Thibodeaux was driving the 2003 Ford Pickup south bound on U.S. 83 in Stonewall, County. The other three vehicles involved were north bound on the same highway. Thibodeaux’s 2003 Ford Pickup crossed the center line, striking the left rear axle of the International Truck. The pickup continued on, striking the Jeep Grand Cherokee and pushing it into the Chevrolet Cruze. The weather was clear and the roadway was dry. This crash is being investigated by Trooper Kipp Koenig.
The Hoerner family were moving their business from Magnolia, Texas to Boise, Idaho. Allen and Darlene are married, Austin is their son. Vanesha Riley is Austin’s fiancée. Allen Hoerner was a driving another Penske rental truck not involved in the crash. He was leading all of the north bound vehicles.