ABILENE, Texas - Mayor of Abilene Norm Archibald and the family of fallen Abilene Police Officer Rodney Holder invite the community to display blue lights in their windows over the holidays in honor of first responders.
The blue hero lights have been a local tradition since 2010.
Officer Holder was a 28-year veteran of the Abilene Police Department. He was killed in the line of duty in an April 2010 traffic accident.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance