ABILENE, Texas - Mayor of Abilene Norm Archibald and the family of fallen Abilene Police Officer Rodney Holder invite the community to display blue lights in their windows over the holidays in honor of first responders.
The blue hero lights have been a local tradition since 2010.
Officer Holder was a 28-year veteran of the Abilene Police Department. He was killed in the line of duty in an April 2010 traffic accident.
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Fraternity suspends Texas A&M chapter after student's death
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy