ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene mother who killed her newborn baby plans to appeal the conviction.
The attorney for Amber Craker filed a notice of appeal with the 11th District Court of Appeals in Eastland on Oct. 20.
Craker was convicted of capital murder last month. She stabbed the baby numerous times and then dumped the body in the trash can. She also tried to flush the placenta.
Her boyfriend, Damian Cate, was also charged with capital murder and tampering with evidence. His trial is currently scheduled for January.
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- 26 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Two indicted for July murder of Abilene teen
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Man being pulled by huskies across U.S. stops in Abilene to raise awareness
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- 3 arrested in drug bust near Bangs school
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD
- Wednesday rainfall totals: Big Country areas register up to 1.5 inches of rain