ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene teenager was indicted Thursday for three armed robberies in 10 days.
Utassius Kam Rail Arberry, 18, was indicted on five counts of aggravated robbery and five counts of robbery.
According to the indictment, Arberry robbed the 7-11 at 1001 E. Hwy 80 on Aug. 26, the 7-11 at 1242 N. Treadaway on Aug. 31, and the Walgreens at 991 N. Willis on Sept. 5.
He was arrested Sept. 14 while trying to rob the United Supermarket at 920 N. Willis on Sept. 14, according to police.
The clerk at the 7-11 on Hwy. 80 told police that Arberry “grabbed some items out of the cold goods section” and placed them on the counter.
Arberry then came around the counter and pointed a gun at the clerk. He opened up the register, took the money and “grabbed a few packs of Newport cigarettes,” then walked out the door.
Five days later, Arberry walked into the 7-11 on Treadway “with a mask on his face and a gun in his hand,” according to the indictment.
He went behind the counter and started grabbing cigarettes.
Arberry then demanded money from the cash register.
The third indictment says Arberry then robbed the pharmacy at the Walgreens on North Treadaway. He jumped over the counter, pulled out a gun and demanded pain medicine and cough syrup.
He pointed the gun at one of the three pharmacists and said he would shoot her.
He then pointed the gun at the other two pharmacists and said he was “about to shoot someone in here.”
Arberry left the pharmacy with hydrocodone and cough syrup.
Police say Arberry confessed to all three robberies and confirmed he is the man seen in surveillance photos at all three businesses.
Arberry remains jailed on bonds totaling $105,000
An 18-year-old Abilene man has been arrested in connection with a string of armed robberies.
Police say Utassius Arberry wore disguises and traveled on a bicycle to and from the multiple crime scenes, the Abilene Police Department said Thursday in a news release.
Arberry, who is being held in Taylor County Jail on bonds totaling $105,000, was captured two weeks ago – on Thursday, Sept. 14 – while police say he was attempting to rob a north Abilene grocery store.
According to police, Arberry robbed three Abilene businesses at gunpoint between Aug. 26 and Sept. 8 during daytime hours.
He is facing three counts of first-degree felony aggravated robbery and one count of second-degree felony attempted aggravated robbery.
Police say the robberies occurred at the 7-11 at 1001 E. Hwy 80 on Aug. 26, the 7-11 at 1242 N. Treadway on Aug. 31, and the Walgreens at 991 N. Willis on Sept. 5. The attempted robbery occurred at the United Supermarket at 920 N. Willis on Sept. 14, according to police.
KTXS will provide additional details as they become available.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver