ABILENE, Texas - Another candidate has thrown a hat in the ring for a place on the Abilene City Council.
Donna Albus announced she will be running for the place three spot Tuesday morning at 5D Custom Hats in Abilene. The seat is being vacated by councilman Anthony Williams, who will be vying for mayor.
The longtime Abilene resident has been involved in a number of civic organizations along with being a former city employee. She was named Abilene Citizen of the Year in October by the Abilene Chamber of Commerce.
She told KTXS Tuesday that she's ready for a new role.
"I was encouraged by a lot of friends that it was time for a woman to be on the council, and to also bring some thoughts about years and years of being a cheerleader for the city. I might have some insight into making some good decisions," Albus said.
Also campaigning for a place on the Abilene City Council is Weldon Hurt. He has filed to run for the place four seat.
- Two indicted for July murder of Abilene teen
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Man being pulled by huskies across U.S. stops in Abilene to raise awareness
- Salvation Army facing unexpected problem just before Thanksgiving
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- $800 pair of Air Jordan's stolen during south Abilene burglary
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- 3 arrested in drug bust near Bangs school
- Dealership donates $1,800 to Brown County Sheriff's Office for drone
- Brown Co. fire officials are investigating abandoned house fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD
- Wednesday rainfall totals: Big Country areas register up to 1.5 inches of rain