ABILENE, Texas - Police on Wednesday arrested a 23-year-old Abilene woman for endangering a child after her 2-year-old tested positive for cocaine, heroin, morphine and marijuana.
Kiana Crain had previously been featured – along with her husband Kevin Bernard Harris – as part of the Abilene Police Department’s “Wanted Wednesday” effort.
Harris was arrested in late September on the same charge. Crain wasn't arrested then.
Crain was taken into custody on the child endangerment charge Wednesday. She remained jailed Thursday on a $10,000 bond.
According to court documents, CPS was notified that Harris and Crain had been smoking “crack all day every day with a child in the house.”
A hair follicle test was performed by the Texas Alcohol and Drug Test Services in June and determined the young girl under the couple’s care had tested positive for multiple drugs.
In an interview, Harris told the Abilene Police Department he went to a party prior to the drug test. When asked why his child would have tested positive for drugs, Harris said, “he probably had residue on his hands from when he ingested.”
Crain told police she and her husband had gone to a party in Abilene, where she, too, ingested cocaine.
- Family of 5 displaced before Christmas after fire destroys Coleman home
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Updated Texas woman wakes up to yard decorated with Christmas lights
- Doctor accused of spiking pregnant girlfriend's drink with abortion pill
- Abilene man arrested for allegedly running multi-county auto sale scheme
- 29 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Indictment: Abilene man rubbed genitals on child's leg
- Indictment: Man beaten with baseball bat during robbery
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver