ABILENE, Texas - The wife of an Abilene man is desperately trying to get the state to drop child sex charges against her husband.
Kimberly Martinez says her husband is not a pedophile.
Sonny Rudy Martinez is charged with sexual assault of a child. The alleged victim in this case is his wife.
The two began dating when she was almost 14-years-old and pregnant with someone else’s child.
The couple married in 2015 and now have two children of their own. The youngest is just two-weeks-old.
In 2013, Kimberly’s mother pressed charges against Sonny, who was then 17, during a custody battle. She later dropped the charges.
Still, Martinez was indicted in 2015. On Wednesday, he was arrested during a traffic stop.
A judge set his bond at $75,000. The Martinez family can’t afford the $3,000 it will cost to get him out. So, they set up a Go Fund Me page to raise those funds.
- Local church hosts car show to help victims of Hurricane Harvey
- DACA advocates march in front of Abilene City Hall
- Local officers collected tips at Red Robin for Special Olympics Texas
- Busch Jewelers in Abilene going out of business after 73 years
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Wanted: 10 fugitives sought by Abilene police
- Former HPU nursing school dean responds to students' lawsuits
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Anson man indicted for indecency with a child
- 2 arrested for allegedly distributing meth across 3 counties
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation