ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was killed Saturday night after a pickup truck drifted into her lane on Highway 277 about a half-mile south of town.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, 32-year-old Sarah Katherine Garcia was driving south in her pickup truck when another pickup being driven by 30-year-old Marcus Torres of Abilene entered into her lane. They crashed at about 9:25 p.m.
The report doesn't say what caused Torres to drift across the center line into Garcia's lane, but it did say the road was wet.
Garcia was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, the initial DPS report states. Torres was treated with minor injuries and released. It also says Garcia wasn't wearing her seat belt, but Torres was.
It's not clear if Torres will be cited, but DPS is expected to release more information after investigators complete their report.
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- Police pursuit ends with Abilene suspect in custody
- Abilene police: Fake carjacking led to SWAT standoff
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Abilene couple robbed at gunpoint while sitting at stoplight
- Indicted: Man accused of robbing Abilene scrap metal business while wearing ‘Scream' mask
Copyright 2017 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- School zone signs placed near Brown County Christian school
- Pregnant woman who led Brownwood officers on chase indicted
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out
- Rain hits Big Country, wintry mix in some areas
- Sweetwater teen in critical condition after being hit by pickup
- DPS identifies woman killed in fiery crash last week near Winters
- Man dies in Hamlin police custody, Texas Rangers investigating