ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene woman was arrested Saturday for allegedly pepper spraying a 12-year-old girl who laughed at her.
Police said 65-year-old Linda Jones was with a 12-year-old girl near the ice machine at the Rodeway Inn in Abilene when the girl laughed at her. Jones allegedly became upset, retrieved the pepper spray from her room and sprayed the girl in the face.
Jones was arrested and charged with class A assault. As of Monday, Jones is being held in the Taylor County Jail on $3,500 surety bond.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated