ABILENE, Texas - The 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum will host their Holocaust Remembrance ceremony this Friday.
The event is at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 1 at the Abilene Civic Center.
The theme for this year is "Never Again."
According to project coordinator Jennifer Lenches, the program is "an educational event to teach our community about the horrors that can be visited upon humanity by evil forces when citizens become complacent."
Special guest speakers include Holocaust survivor Max Glauben, 12th Armored Division veteran John Critzas, and Cambodia survivor Kimhun Dam. Other 12th Armored Division veterans will be attending as well.
The combined color guard from the Abilene High School and Cooper High School JROTC programs will be attending.
For ticket information, call the museum at 325-677-6515.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera