ABILENE, Texas - The 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum will host their Holocaust Remembrance ceremony this Friday.
The event is at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 1 at the Abilene Civic Center.
The theme for this year is "Never Again."
According to project coordinator Jennifer Lenches, the program is "an educational event to teach our community about the horrors that can be visited upon humanity by evil forces when citizens become complacent."
Special guest speakers include Holocaust survivor Max Glauben, 12th Armored Division veteran John Critzas, and Cambodia survivor Kimhun Dam. Other 12th Armored Division veterans will be attending as well.
The combined color guard from the Abilene High School and Cooper High School JROTC programs will be attending.
For ticket information, call the museum at 325-677-6515.
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children