ABILENE, Texas - Police are investigating the death of a 14-month-old Abilene girl who died Tuesday after going under water in a bathtub three days earlier.
An autopsy has been performed on Kimberlyn Torres at the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office, but the results have not been released.
Abilene police and paramedics responded to an address in south Abilene on Saturday after a 911 call reported that an infant was not breathing.
Kimberlyn Torres was taken to Hendrick Medical Center, where medical staff were able to "resuscitate her," a police department news release said. She was then flown to Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth for "medical care."
She was pronounced dead Tuesday.
"This is an active investigation and more information may be released at a later date," the police news release said.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic