ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Fire Department welcomed 15 new firefighters Friday.
The 50th Cadet Swearing-In Ceremony was held at the Abilene Civic Center. Mayor Norm Archibald was at the ceremony to give his remarks to the new firefighters.
Some of the firefighters will begin their first official shift Saturday. They will join more than 170 current members of the Abilene Fire Department.
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims