ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Fire Department welcomed 15 new firefighters Friday.
The 50th Cadet Swearing-In Ceremony was held at the Abilene Civic Center. Mayor Norm Archibald was at the ceremony to give his remarks to the new firefighters.
Some of the firefighters will begin their first official shift Saturday. They will join more than 170 current members of the Abilene Fire Department.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9