ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are looking for the unknown suspects who reportedly stole thousands of dollars worth of firearms from a north side home.
A homeowner in the 2700 block of Cedar Street filed an incident report to report the break in Thursday. They said they arrived home to notice at least 10 firearms had been stolen and the burglar(s) pried open a back door to get inside.
They also got away with a significant amount of cash. Police said the burglar(s) only entered certain rooms and left several valuable items behind. The guns were valued at approximately $15,000.
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated