ABILENE, Texas - A large fire near the J&N Body Shop was extinguished around 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
The fire started around 5 p.m. next to the business off of Highway 277 and involved 18-wheeler cabs that were being stored on the ground near the business.
Firefighters from Hawley and Abilene responded to the blaze. No injuries or burned structures were reported. There is no word yet on what caused the fire.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated