ABILENE, Texas - An 18-wheeler caught fire this afternoon on Interstate 20, forcing traffic into one lane.
First responders say the truck driver and his children were on their way to New Mexico when they smelled something burning.
That is when they noticed flames coming from the cab of the truck.
Traffic was forced into one lane from Old Anson Road to Highway 277 while Abilene Firefighters extinguished the flames.
No one was injured. The fire is under investigation.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated