ABILENE, TX - Local residents wanting to learn more on living with diabetes attended a workshop in downtown Abilene.
The 18th Annual Diabetes Texas Style Workshop happened Saturday morning. Guest speakers gave information and tips on how to best manage their diabetes. The tips included education on herbal supplements and diabetes, how to respond to cravings and measuring serving sizes and portions.
Some of the speakers included a Doctor of Pharmacy, a dietician and diabetes educator. Prizes and refreshments were handed out midway through the workshop.
Various exhibitions were available with information for participants to visit.
The free event was hosted by Hendrick Medical Center Diabetes Self Management Education and the Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service in Coleman, Jones, Nolan and Taylor Counties.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017