ABILENE, Texas - Police are searching for a man who robbed the 1st Bank-Texas, formally 1st National Bank of Baird, on South 1st about 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
"We have multiple witnesses that we're interviewing. Several detectives are out gathering some intelligence on this," said Sgt. Lynn Beard of the Abilene Police Department.
According to police on the scene, the man flashed a small silver handgun. It is unclear whether the robber got away with any money.
The robber was last seen on foot running down South Meander.
"There will be a lot of surveillance tape to review. Exterior surveillance, interior surveillance. All that takes time to go over," Beard said.
He is described as a Hispanic male, about 5' 7", in his late 20s or early 30s.
The man has tattoos on his left arm and was wearing a blue t-shirt, and faded denim jeans.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9