ABILENE, Texas - Two people were booked into the Taylor County Jail Saturday after a 30 minute standoff.
According to police, a male suspect fired at least two shots inside a home in the 2900 block of Robertson Drive around 11 a.m. to force a woman to leave the home.
A neighbor heard the shots and called police. Officers on scene said nobody would answer the door or phone when they arrived.
The situation was treated as a standoff since shots had been fired inside the home prior to officer arrival. After about half an hour, the man allegedly tried to escape through the back of the home with another woman.
The pair was apprehended and police said they realized the man is a convicted felon. He is charged with illegally possessing a firearm. The woman is charged with tampering with evidence for allegedly trying to hide the gun.
Identities have not yet been released and additional criminal charges are possible.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer