ABILENE, Texas - Two people were booked into the Taylor County Jail Saturday after a 30 minute standoff.
According to police, a male suspect fired at least two shots inside a home in the 2900 block of Robertson Drive around 11 a.m. to force a woman to leave the home.
A neighbor heard the shots and called police. Officers on scene said nobody would answer the door or phone when they arrived.
The situation was treated as a standoff since shots had been fired inside the home prior to officer arrival. After about half an hour, the man allegedly tried to escape through the back of the home with another woman.
The pair was apprehended and police said they realized the man is a convicted felon. He is charged with illegally possessing a firearm. The woman is charged with tampering with evidence for allegedly trying to hide the gun.
Identities have not yet been released and additional criminal charges are possible.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger