AMARILLO, Texas - AMARILLO, Texas (AP) - Authorities said a small plane crash in Amarillo killed two people after plummeting into a field shortly after takeoff.
The crash happened Friday night during high winds in the Texas Panhandle. The Texas Department of Public Safety said the plane went down only 20 miles from the Amarillo airport where pilot Kelly O'Neal stopped to pick up 79-year-old passenger Robert O'Neal.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Authorities said the pilot was from Colorado Springs, Colo. Robert O'Neal was from Amarillo.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget