AMARILLO, Texas - AMARILLO, Texas (AP) - Authorities said a small plane crash in Amarillo killed two people after plummeting into a field shortly after takeoff.
The crash happened Friday night during high winds in the Texas Panhandle. The Texas Department of Public Safety said the plane went down only 20 miles from the Amarillo airport where pilot Kelly O'Neal stopped to pick up 79-year-old passenger Robert O'Neal.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Authorities said the pilot was from Colorado Springs, Colo. Robert O'Neal was from Amarillo.
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale
- Mustangs relishing in chance to make history
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching