ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are searching for the driver who reportedly stole $750 in gas from a convenience store.
According to an incident report, the theft occurred Tuesday morning at an Allsup's convenience store in the 2000 block of Overland Trail.
Employees reported 200 gallons of diesel fuel was stolen and the driver filled up and drove off without paying.
According to APD Public Information Officer George Spindler, a vehicle description was not provided when the report was filed.
"The information provided by the victim representative is non-specific and does not describe the involved vehicle because this loss was detected only after the company affiliated with the victim (the company that electronically monitors gas and related cash flow) reported an anomaly involving gas to cash flow to the victim," Spindler said.
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated