ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are searching for the driver who reportedly stole $750 in gas from a convenience store.
According to an incident report, the theft occurred Tuesday morning at an Allsup's convenience store in the 2000 block of Overland Trail.
Employees reported 200 gallons of diesel fuel was stolen and the driver filled up and drove off without paying.
According to APD Public Information Officer George Spindler, a vehicle description was not provided when the report was filed.
"The information provided by the victim representative is non-specific and does not describe the involved vehicle because this loss was detected only after the company affiliated with the victim (the company that electronically monitors gas and related cash flow) reported an anomaly involving gas to cash flow to the victim," Spindler said.
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend