ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are searching for the driver who reportedly stole $750 in gas from a convenience store.
According to an incident report, the theft occurred Tuesday morning at an Allsup's convenience store in the 2000 block of Overland Trail.
Employees reported 200 gallons of diesel fuel was stolen and the driver filled up and drove off without paying.
According to APD Public Information Officer George Spindler, a vehicle description was not provided when the report was filed.
"The information provided by the victim representative is non-specific and does not describe the involved vehicle because this loss was detected only after the company affiliated with the victim (the company that electronically monitors gas and related cash flow) reported an anomaly involving gas to cash flow to the victim," Spindler said.
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017